Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Coffee beans, again:

As I declared in the past, I like reading what this astrologer says to me. He never forecasts anything. Just metes out some good, solid advice that might, just might, serve a Scorpio well.

This is what he advises this week:

Don't be overly captivated by the new, the flashy, and the perfect.

No danger of that. I subscribe to Jane Austen's wisdom when she said: "pictures of perfection make me sick and wicked".

The rough edges are more interesting and have likely already withstood quite a bit of abuse.
Where do you want to live, after all? In the standard prefab bullshit everyone else is occupying?

Absolutely not. And I followed up on that resolution as soon as I irreversibly realized just how much bullshit was involved.

Is that really your style?

No. I stuck out like a sore thumb.

I can't imagine you'd find it more comfortable, ultimately, than the unconventional, unique, imperfect, scrappy place off the beaten path.

However, I'm not so sure the "unique, imperfect, scrappy place" is all that it is cracked up to be. Because, because, once the "imperfect and scrappy" becomes the place to be, it gets just as boring and ostentatious as that other place.

When it comes to choosing between the two this week, keep that in mind.

I promise to keep that in mind...

2 Comments:

At 7:06 AM EST, Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said...

Sorry to be (almost) of topic, but the mention of the astrologer triggered my short memory (a wonder by itself!):

http://sedgemore.com/2008/01/british-astrologers-barred-from-two-telescopes/

 
At 7:29 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear. Does that mean that my trusted astrologer no longer relies on actual data but makes up this stuff?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home