Saturday, December 23, 2006

NogaNote:

I wish you all
A Christmas Holiday full of light
A new year full of grace
A lifetime of plenty and good


And maybe even.... peace in our time!


A Princeton plasma physicist is at the beach when he discovers an ancient looking oil lantern sticking out of the sand. He rubs the sand off with a towel and a genie pops out. The genie offers to grant him one wish. The physicist retrieves a map of the world from his car an circles the Middle East and tells the genie,

'I wish you to bring peace in this region'.

After 10 long minutes of deliberation, the genie replies,

'Gee, there are lots of problems there with Lebanon, Iraq, Israel, and all those other places. This is awfully embarrassing. I've never had to do this before, but I'm just going to have to ask you for another wish. This one is just too much for me'.

Taken aback, the physicist thinks a bit and asks,

'I wish that the Princeton tokamak would achieve scientific fusion energy break-even.'

After another deliberation the genie asks,

'Could I see that map again?'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home